Monday, May 18, 2015

I Love to see the Temple!

Dear Family and Friends,

So many things happening this past week and this week! Transfers came and went and I now have a new companion, Sister Clegg. She is AMAZING! She is from Spanish Fork, UT and has been out for about a year. She is super hard working and organized. We have very similar interests and personalities and we are building a great friendship already. Teaching together is awesome and I love having her here.

We have Zone Conference in Bismarck this week and I received some very exciting news that I would be able to go to the Temple while we are there! I haven't been to the Temple in 9 months and I am so very excited to be able to go and experience the peace and love there. I was reading from this past conference a talk, by President Thomas S. Monson, called Blessings of the Temple in which he said:

"The blessings of the temple are priceless. One blessing which I am grateful every day of my life is that which my beloved wife, Frances, and I received as we knelt at a sacred altar and made covenants binding us together for all eternity. There is no blessing more precious to me than the peace and comfort I receive from the knowledge I have that she and I will be together again."

We met with a less active member, Sister Webb, yesterday whose husband had recently passed away. He had many health problems and was in a lot of pain and discomfort before he passed. However, he like President Monson, understood the blessings that come to us as we make sacred covenants in the temple. Sister Webb told us how before he had passed away he would always say "Baby you need to stop smoking so we can get sealed in the temple." As we met with her last night she committed to start quitting this week.

I know the Temple is a holy place where I have made sacred covenants with my Heavenly Father and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be able to go to the temple this week. I'm so happy to be able to teach others about the importance of preparing to make sacred covenants there and I'm excited to be able to help Sister Webb get to the temple to be sealed.
I love you all so very much!

Love,
Sister Williams


My new companion Sister Clegg! She is awesome and amazing!
 Reunited with one of the elders from my MTC District, Elder Melville.
 My new bedroom in our new apartment! Look Mom, I actually make my bed every day of my life now =D
 Finally a full kitchen again!  Yea, I can cook full meals now!
                   Baby Birds in a nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment