Monday, December 7, 2015

I'm An Auntie!

Dear Family & Friends,

As of December 5th 2015 at 8:12pm I am officially an auntie! My brother and Sister in law, Parker & Ashley, welcomed their beautiful baby girl, Oakley Mae Williams, into the world. She is such a precious little angel and I'm so happy to be a part of her family!

This week was transfer call week and...I'M STAYING! I will be in Crookston, MN with Sister Bowser. Sister Anderson is going to open Bagley, MN and train a new missionary. I'm excited to stay in the same place and to continue working hard in this area.

We had a great experience with using the "A Savior is Born video!" We had planned to go tract Stewart St. and when we got there the spirit prompted us to go knock on the door of a cute, small, white house. A woman answered the door and invited us right in. We were able to share "A Savior is Born" with her and talk about the restoration. We are meeting with her again tonight!

We were able to get in contact with a former investigator named Angel and had a lesson with him this week. He is so prepared to receive the gospel. He told us he has been reading the Book of Mormon and it brings him a lot of comfort and peace. He is a single Dad of five teenagers and wants to set a good example for his children in following God. I'm excited to continue meeting with him.

We go every week to visit one of our members who has Alzheimer's and we sing to her. She can't speak and she doesn't really respond to us other than slight head nods and vacant stares. This time we brought a picture of Joseph Smith's first vision; where Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ literally appeared to him. As she held the picture we sang the hymn "Joseph Smiths First Prayer" and her face lit up. She smiled so big and looked into my eyes so deeply as though she were trying to say, "I know this is true." It was a miracle to witness the power of the Holy Ghost bring to Laura's remembrance the truth of the gospel.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve my Savior Jesus Christ. Each day I'm able to testify of Christ; that He Lives and because he lives his Atonement has all power to help us over come sin, death, temptation, affliction, and, sickness. I love my Savior and I'm excited for the chance to show him my gratitude in my service to him.
I love you all!

Love,
Sister Williams  


                     Merry Christmas from Crookston, MN! Sis. Anderson, Sis. Bowser, and Me!
                          Got Antlers? 
                               I'm the hulk!  So watch out!
 We preformed at a nursing home and these ladies did a traditional Indian dance. We are teaching the woman in the hot pink dress with short dark hair and the one in the green is a member!
                  My Precious little Niece Oakley Mae Williams! She is the most precious angel from heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment