Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Week of Many Miracles


Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been truly amazing. In fact I can't believe it has only been a week. It feels like a month has gone by. The work is hastening here in the Moorhead area and we are excited to be so busy. There were multiple miracles occurring all day everyday this week so I am going to share a couple of them with you.

First, we had been really working to get home on time because we usually have lessons at night and have been getting home a bit late. On this certain night we made the goal to end our lesson on time. The lesson was great and full of the spirit and we had plenty of time to make it back home. We had driven to the lesson with a member and as we approached her car and she was searching her backpack for the keys, she realized she had locked them in the car. Being the resourceful person that I am (aka following the promptings of the Spirit) I felt we should ask the guys playing tennis across the parking lot if they knew how to break into a car. Luckily, they were more than willing to oblige. Well, Amy, the member we were with, had left her scriptures out on the hood of her car and one of the guys said, "Hey what books are these?" and I thought to myself...well let me tell you about the gospel! I said oh that's the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Turns out he had been meeting with missionaries for two months and had lost contact because school started. He seemed interested to learn more. We ended up getting home the latest we ever have. I know this work is done by the Lord's time, not ours. =)

Sunday night we have something called Prayer Power Hour, where the ward prays for us missionaries by name as we tract. Well the ward must have been praying hard because we
were able to meet three people and set return appointments with each one for the coming week. Had we not followed the Spirit and been in the right place at the right time we wouldn't have found these people.

So many miracles so little time, but I wanted to leave you all with a commitment. This week is General Conference and I am inviting you all to prepare to watch conference by doing two things:   1) Write down a couple questions or concerns you are seeking answers for and pray to receive answers to them as you watch General Conference 2) Read the talks from last General Conference

I have a goal to read all the talks from last General Conference before the first session on Saturday and as I have done this I know these talks are the words of God. Every talk holds an answer or insight I have been searching for and I know as you prepare to listen to General Conference you will be able to receive answers. I love you all and I want to know what your favorite talk is from Conference!

With All My Love,
Sister Williams

                                                           I Love being a Missionary!!

     This is Myriam and her daughter Sasha. We taught her in French and she went back home to Haiti  this week. I love them!

                   This is Nicole, she is a recent convert and a fantastic member missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment