Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Refiner's Fire

Dear Family and Friends,

This past weekend we all had the opportunity to watch and listen to God's chosen Prophets, at General Conference, and what an amazing experience it was. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about go and see for yourselves at LDS.org where you can watch all the sessions of Conference.
One of the most common questions I get as a missionary, besides where are you from, is why did I choose to serve a mission. Why did I choose to leave my family, friends, education, my dog Brody and come to an unfamiliar frigidly cold place for 18 months? Well, yesterday God answered this question for me perfectly, through a man He has called to be one of his prophets. So, better than me telling you why I am serving a mission, listen to the words of God through a modern day prophet of why I am here and then pray. Pray to know if these words are the words of God and accept the invitation God is extending to you through a prophet and through me.
I love you all so much. I know these are the words of God given to His prophets. Please accept the invitation to come to this knowledge for yourselves as well. I know the happiness and joy it will bring to your lives and that is something I want for each and everyone of you.
Love,
Sister Williams
 
 This is the link to Elder Bednar's talk from Conference. Click here and then click on the video.
 



      Me being silly on P-day in Hobby Lobby!




Left to Right: Minh, Amy, Yuzhu, Me, Sister Rodriguez.
We had dinner at Amy's house who is an awesome member and always comes out to lessons with us and hosts lessons in her home. It was her birthday and we celebrated with a dinner! It was a lot of fun and I love her and Minh and Yuzhu so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment