Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I Don't Want to Talk About Woman issues with an Ex-Russian Assassin!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been full of great memories, laughs, lessons, and trips to the hospital, but fear not everything is great. Let me tell you about some of the exciting events that took place.

First, is a funny experience we had during a lesson with our investigator name Rosalind. She is still in the nursing home healing from her broken leg. We were teaching her about following the prophet and it was going really well. I asked her what it meant to her to have a prophet on the earth today. She started bearing strong testimony of the prophet and how we will always be protected and know what our Heavenly Father needs us to be doing. I then asked, "Rosalind, will you follow the prophet?"
    "No."
(This is what ran through my head) "What?! You were just saying how grateful you are for a prophet! What changed in the last five seconds!" I looked at Sister Clegg to confirm that we just had the same exact inner monologue. After a couple moments of silence Rosalind said:
     "Oh, I didn't hear you. What did you say?"
Boy was I happy to hear that! Rosalind is doing so great and we found out there is a bus that can give her a ride to church on Sunday so she will finally be able to come which is something she so  desperately wants to do.

Secondly, I hadn't been feeling well this week and on Saturday morning at 3am I was awakened  by side pain and couldn't go back to sleep. By 4:30am I had worked up the courage to wake up Sister Clegg and we went to the hospital. Four hours, five needle jabs in the arm, and a CT scan later, they found out what was wrong with me. As, the doctor was explaining what was wrong he noticed our name tags and commended us for doing the Lord's work. I invited him to take missionary lessons and he wasn't interested (yet), but we left him with a Restoration pamphlet. Overall, it was a great contact and we do know that the Lord works in mysterious ways.

The comedic highlight of the week though definitely happened at church on the Holy Sabbath Day. We had to cancel a lesson on Saturday due to the early morning hospital visit and the member we were going to take with us came up to me to see how I was feeling. He is a convert and grew up in eastern Europe so he has a thick Russian sounding accent. So he asked me what was wrong and I told him I was having pain in my side and he cut me off and said, "Oh! Is it a woman problem?" I kindly said no and tried to talk about something else as I was chuckling to myself on the inside haha =)

It was definitely a great week full of adventures and laughs. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Williams


This is me in the hospital. Funny enough, it was a pretty hilarious experience.
 This is one of our investigators named Katie! I love her and guess where she is from...Pennsylvania!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment