Monday, June 22, 2015

I'm Getting Transferred!

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, it sure was an exciting morning! It was really funny -- so transfer calls usually come during our studies on Monday morning and we had made it through studies without getting a call. We were so excited and thought for sure we were safe. We came to the library to email and I logged on to the missionary portal where we enter our numbers every week and as I scrolled down to the Key Indicators it said Bismarck 2nd Ward and had the names of two other Sisters including myself at the top. I whipped my screen around to show Sister Clegg and said, "I'm getting transferred!"

"What?!" was her reply as she quickly pulled up her screen and saw her name alone which means she is training a new missionary. Then our phone rang and it was President Anderson! 

I will be going to Bismarck! I'm actually going to Sister Clegg's ward that she just left and I will be sharing a ward with the Zone Leaders and the Assistants to the President. I'm going to be in a trio with Sister Andrews and Sister Mansell! I'm really excited and I know this is where the Lord needs me.

Earlier in the week we had a few miracles with one of our investigators Godwin. We were able to meet with him twice this week which is a miracle since he works in the oil field and is usually gone weeks at a time with only a few days off in between. Then he forgot about our second lesson, but thankfully he was at his apartment. A couple days before, we had committed him to a baptism date on August 15 and he said he would pray and think about it. So when we followed up with him about it he said, "Well I prayed and then you showed up at my door unexpectedly so, Yeah! Lets do it!" I'm so excited for him and all the progress he has made.

We also had another miracle with Rosalind. She was finally able to come to church on Sunday! We road the bus with her and she really enjoyed the children singing for Fathers day. She will be getting baptized soon as well.

I'm so grateful for the time I've had here in Minot. I have been able to see so much joy in the people we teach and I know I am needed elsewhere now. I love being a missionary. It is the most rewarding and joyful experience of my life so far, and I know even more joy is to come.

Love,
Sister Williams


                     The Best District of Missionaries Ever--Minot, ND!
  Godwin and me --I love teaching him! He soaks the gospel up like a sponge.
 This is the Roskelley Family. I love them and Brother Roskelley will be getting baptized in July. 
           The Ladies at the soup kitchen where we serve each week!
                  My new outfit and eating a stick of Rhubarb.
                      Happy Fathers Day Daddy!
                  I ate a cookie for ya dad -- Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment