Monday, June 1, 2015

The Sabbath is a Delight

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, it is official! Gilbert is one of the newest members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was Baptized and Confirmed this past weekend and it was fantastic! Everything went so smoothly. There were a lot of members there from the ward and he was beaming! Gilbert has one of the most blissful smiles I've ever seen. 

A couple days before the baptism we took his suit over to his apartment so he could try it on and when he opened the door to show us he had a grin from ear to ear and I don't think I've ever seen someone who looks so great in white =D 

I was talking to him after he got confirmed asking him how he felt and he said he feels like a new person a, new man. I am so proud of him! We had a Ward Council meeting yesterday as well and the ward is really invested to help him keep progressing! He is going to be getting a calling soon as well as the Aaronic Priesthood. I'm so very grateful to have had the opportunity to find, teach, and baptize Gilbert. But not only that, I'm so very grateful that in the fight for his soul, which was very real, good prevailed and Gilbert chose to follow Christ. 

I thought I would share with you as well some insights I received as I studied this week about keeping the sabbath day holy. In this last conference Elder Russell M. Nelson gave a talk titled "The Sabbath Is a Delight", which I highly recommend you all read so I linked it. In his talk one of the points that stood out to me most was how he said the sabbath day is a sign between us and God. We see this evidence in the Bible in Exodus 31:13 which says:

"Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you."

Elder Nelson poses this question in his talk, What sign do I want to give to God? I think it is interesting on a mission every day feels like Sunday (except for Preparation Day) so instead of the sabbath being one in seven to me it feels more like six in one, which I'm so grateful for. In Mark 2:27 its says  "And he said unto them, the sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath." I'm so grateful the Lord made a day where I can rest from the worries and duties of the world and whole heartedly focus on Him. How very blessed we all are to have an opportunity to know the Lord on his Holy Sabbath Day. 

I would ask you to ponder this question in your hearts, What sign do I want to give God? and then act on the answer you receive. I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Williams

This is Gilbert Houle, the newest member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!
His baptism was so beautiful and he is so happy!
 A sign I made on the chalk board for Gilbert's baptism.
 This is Celeste, a less active member we are teaching. 
 Waffle Cone Wednesday--YUMMO!
 I can officially solve a Rubic's cube! Yea me!

No comments:

Post a Comment