Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I Spy Mount Rushmore!

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, this week has been crazy full with appointments, training meetings, and mail! I received my flight plans in the mail this week and it feels all too real that I will be returning home in just a few weeks. I had my final Zone Conference, at which I bore my departing testimony. I was grateful for the opportunity to bare my witness of our Savior and the Plan of Happiness.

We found a new investigator this week thanks to some awesome members who are preparing their friends to receive the gospel.  Her name is Susan and she is very open and wants to learn more. We talked about the Priesthood power being restored to the earth through Joseph Smith and she loved it. When we told her that anyone holding the priesthood on the earth today can trace their line of authority back to Jesus Christ it just clicked for her. I'm excited to continue teaching her.

John and Vicki are doing awesome! Most of their questions and concerns have to do with social matters like the churches stance on abortion, voting, and welfare. They asked great questions about being sealed in the temple and wanted to know where the closest temple is. They are reading from the Book of Mormon together and praying and I look forward to meeting with them each week!

I had the opportunity to go to Mount Rushmore today and it was breathtakingly beautiful. As I reflected upon it my heart filled with gratitude. I know those men were inspired from the Lord to help in obtaining the freedom of this land. I'm grateful to live in this country where I can worship my God freely. I know the Lord has a Plan and nothing will ever stand in the way of it rolling forth. I'm grateful to have an active part in His plans rolling forth. I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Williams

              Me, the flags and the heads! Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota
                California Represented! It's absolutely beautiful here!
         Mount Rushmore in all its glory!  A humbling, peaceful place on this earth.
                President and Sister Hess--wonderful mission presidents!
        Sister Pemberton and me enjoying Mt. Rushmore!
 President Hess loves Valentines Day so he gave us all red roses.
 I got hit in the face by a tumble weed! Just kidding, but the wind was so intense we had to go in early.
 Road Trips! We went to Gordon, Nebraska on official mission business and also to Rapid City!
 Look! I found toilet seat covers again!!
 FLIGHT PLANS!  It's for real--I'll be home in 2 1/2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment