Monday, January 5, 2015

Feeling the Warmth of the Spirit in -30 degree Weather!

Dear Family and Friends,
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great New Year's! I know I did as I counted down to 10:30 =D This has been a great week here in Minnesota. We found a bunch more people to teach and look forward to the people we will find this week as well!
One of the people we have started teaching was a former investigator named Carmen. We were looking through the teaching records and her name stood out to us so we gave her a call and set up an appointment. She lives in one of the small towns in our area so we took a mini road trip, through a snowy wind storm, to a town of 100 people. Carmen is amazing. Her testimony of Joseph Smith being a prophet of God strengthened my own  testimony. I could feel the spirit so strongly as we visited with her. I'm so excited to continue meeting with her. She gave us a bunch of homemade tamales to take home too. She is super sweet!
It has gotten extremely cold here this past week as well. With the wind chill factor it has been -30. We share the car with another set of sister missionaries and we didn't have the car yesterday, and we wanted to remind one of our investigators (who doesn't have a phone) about our appointment. So we bundled up and set off down the road. We made it about five blocks. Then we turned around and went to the warm safety of our apartment.
I love setting goals and with the new year what better time to set a vision for the person I want to become and things I want to accomplish in 2015. Here are a few of the goals I have set to accomplish in 2015:
  • Read the Bible cover to cover (I'm in Exodus so far)
  • Gain a deeper understanding of the Character of Christ
  • Do everything in my power to help others make covenants with our Heavenly Father
  • Develop Christlike attributes (emphasis on humility) 

These are just a few of my goals for 2015. What are some of the goals you have set for the coming year? I would love to hear about them. Come the end of 2015 I will evaluate how I've done and share with you what I've learned. 
I love you all so much and I hope you have a fantastic week full of missionary opportunities! Hey, lets start a new thing. You all can email me missionary experiences you have during the week and we can have a Missionary Moment of the Week highlight in the posts! My email is right there in the right column of my blog! I love you all and have a great week!!
Love,
Sister Williams

This is the Romo Family! Brother Romo bore his testimony in sacrament meeting and it was great!
 The Romo's dog Sophia who I have adopted as my dog! 
 Dad's Annual New Years Eve Dip!! Yummy!
 The Elders (literally) ate all the dip!
 Emptied by the Elders!
 We counted down to 10:30 on New Years Eve....and then went to sleep!
                    I kissed fish lips!
 Eating a fish eyeball! (I didn't actually eat it)
 Trying to keep my face warm in -30 degree weather!
 We froze in -30 degree weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment