Monday, December 29, 2014

Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you had a Merry Christmas, I know I sure did. I was able to Skype with my family and it was great to see them! I'm so grateful for the love, support, and laughter my family supplies me with. How was your Christmas? Our apartment is currently full of candy, cookies, and chocolate thanks to our loving ward members. We also were able to meet with a few investigators on Christmas, so overall it was an awesome day!

And now for the miracle of the week! We were on exchanges and made plans to contact some less-active members. We made it to the apartment building and knocked on the members door...and no answer. We left a note and then turned around to go back to the car. As we reached the end of the hallway we saw a door all decorated for Christmas with a ton of shoes outside the door. I felt we should knock the door. We did and Keisha answered the door. We watched the "He is the Gift" video with her and she loved it. She has such a sweet spirit and we are meeting with her this week!

For many of us, Christmas is our favorite time of year and it tends to come and go much too quickly. However, we can have the feeling of Christmas with us all year if we heed the words of our prophet Thomas S. Monson, "To catch the real meaning of the spirit of Christmas, we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the spirit of Christ." The spirit of Christ is available to us year round 24/7. With the new year coming it is a great time to set goals for ourselves. One of mine is to continually do the things that bring the spirit of Christ into my life. I love you all so much! Have a Happy New Year!
Love,
Sister Williams

                    It's Christmas!
 It's Christmas! My eyes look super green! Sister Aiono and I are so Happy!
 More Decorations from Gordon, our landlord!
 This is one of our investigators, Sheila! She is sassy and Fantastic!
 This is a less-active family, the Ghimires. They are fantastic and from Nepal. They are so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment