Monday, September 7, 2015

I Stand All Amazed!

Dear Family and Friends,

This was a fantastic week! Fallah was baptized on Saturday and the spirit was so strong. It has been a true honor to teach Fallah and to have him teach me. He had been so prepared to follow Jesus Christ and I'm excited to see him continue in his gospel progression and to make more covenants with our Heavenly Father in the Temple next year. Sister Mansell had found a scripture that describes our experience with Fallah and we were reading it together when I realized something really cool. 

It is in Doctrine & Covenants 29:7  "And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts." Fallah was baptized on August 29, which was a Saturday the 7th day of the week! There are no coincidences. Fallah truly is one of the Lords elect and it was a true honor to help him come closer to Christ. 

Last night we had an appointment that fell through, but as we were leaving the apartment building there was a man walking up the stairs past us and I stopped him, said hello and began to talk with him. He said he has been in a dark place for a long time and that he is a "lost sheep." We were able to talk about the Atonement and restoration of the Priesthood. We invited him to meet with us and learn more and he gladly accepted saying it was time to start coming back to the light.

As I reflected on this experience I thought how Jesus Christ is our Shepard. He knows his sheep. I didn't know when I reached out to this man what he had been going through, but the savoir did. Christ uses his  servants to actually physically reach to those he knows are prepared to receive his loving help. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to literally be the hands of my Savior. I know He lives and He is guiding his church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, through his prophet and apostles. What peace fills my soul from having this knowledge. I love you all so much and would invite you to reach out and speak out to those you come in contact with this week. I invite you to be the hands of our Savior.  

Love,
Sister Williams

Fallah's baptism day! He is the most wonderful person and was prepared to meet us at this time.
   Another Baptism photo of Fallah! He is an awesome new member of the church!

No comments:

Post a Comment