Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Rosebud Branch of the Vineyard

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, it was another exciting week in the life of a Sister Missionary! We spent a lot of time tracting on the Reservation this week and I have loved getting to know the people and their culture. They are so in tune with the spirit and have a strong relationship with our Creator. It has been great going out with the members of the Branch and working together as missionaries and members to bring about the Lords work.

I love serving in a Branch. It has a very different feeling than a ward. It really feels like a family and the love of our Heavenly Father can be felt so strongly through the spirit which is there. We were able to teach the younger half of the Primary on Sunday and conduct singing time and it was so much fun! Those kids are so great and full of the spirit.

My Ponder-ize scripture of the week is found in Doctrine & Covenants 29:34--

"Wherefore, verily I say unto you that all things unto me are spiritual, and not at any time have I given unto you a law which was temporal; neither any man, nor the children of men; neither Adam, your father, whom I created."

The thing that stood out to me today as I pondered this verse is "that all things unto me are spiritual." I thought of how often we categorize our lives; this is my school life, church life, work life, home life, etc. But if we are truly striving to become like our Savior, our thoughts and perspective need to be aligned with His. ALL THINGS unto Him are spiritual. As I go throughout this week I'm going to strive to think of everything in a spiritual way and perspective. I'm excited to see how my thoughts will be purified and I know it will help to purify my heart.

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Williams


      The primary kids! =D  They are the cuteset.  We got to teach them music last Sunday at church.
                     Navy Blue Matching District!  We are small in numbers, but mighty in Spirit!
     No need to send my traditional Christmas PJs this year-- I bought myself some Little Mermaid ones!
              We named our Jeep Jericho!  Hi Ho Silver, and away!  It gets us where we need to be! Lovin it!
                          Ponderize the scriptures

No comments:

Post a Comment