Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Modern Day Prophets

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow! This has been an amazing week! I'll start with the calling of three new apostles! Dale G. Renlund was here in the mission three weeks ago for our Zone Conference and he spoke to us and I have a photo with him! His talk that he shared in conference was a lot of what he spoke to us about so I got to receive the message face to face. It truly was amazing to have met this man in person and then to sustain him as an apostle a few weeks later. I know he was called by Jesus Christ to be His apostle. I fully sustain him and the other apostles.

I loved all the talks especially D. Todd Christofferson, who spoke on the necessity for the organization and institution of the church; and Devin G. Durrant who invited us all to "ponderize" the scriptures which includes 80% pondering, 20% memorization. There were so many more talks as well that as I listened to them the spirit spoke to my heart and revealed to me the things I need to know. I will leave a link where you can go and watch conference for yourself and listen carefully to the whisperings of the spirit. I know he will reveal to you all things you stand in need of.   General Conference 

I started my 20 year commitment to ponderize a scripture every week today. This week my scripture is 3 Nephi 27:13 "Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me." I studied all the footnotes today and had a very fulfilling study of the scriptures! I'm excited to ponderize the scriptures and I'll update you every week!
I'm so grateful for modern day prophets, seers, and revelators. In the Book of Mormon it gives us a definition of a prophet in Mosiah 8:16-18:

16 And Ammon said that a seer is a revelator and a prophet also; and a gift which is greater can no man have, except he should possess the power of God, which no man can; yet a man may have great power given him from God.
 17 But a seer can know of things which are past, and also of things which are to come, and by them shall all things be revealed, or, rather, shall secret things be made manifest, and hidden things shall come to light, and things which are not known shall be made known by them, and also things shall be made known by them which otherwise could not be known.
 18 Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles; therefore he becometh a great benefit to his fellow beings.

I know the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are called by Jesus Christ to do exactly what this scripture says and they indeed are a great benefit to us all. I know Thomas S. Monson is Christ's chosen prophet at this time. I invite all to come to this same knowledge by praying and asking God to know this divine truth. I know he will reveal it to you and once you have this witness I would ask, What does this mean for my life?
I love you all so much and I am so blessed to live in this time when the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the Earth.

Love,
Sister Williams







We watched Sunday Sessions of Conference at the Barker's house in Rosebud and these are all the children-- aren't they cute =D
                           This is our district! 
 We were exploring the Reservation and found a Purple Catholic Church
                   HAHAHA! Oh funny signs at churches. 
 We journeyed to the edge of our area, which happens to be the edge of our mission as well. This is the Missouri River  the Fort Randell Damn. 
                           The Trailer in all its Glory!
 Here is the view from our back door. It is an Apple Orchard. We live on the District President's Porperty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment