Monday, October 19, 2015

The Traveling Missionary

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, this was a crazy week! I wasn't in my area at all this week. I ended up traveling to Pierre, SD and then on to Bismarck for a Missionary Leadership Council meeting which was amazing! We were able to go the temple--in total there were 66 missionaries in the session and it was a great experience. I learned a lot from the MTC Directors that came to train us and I am excited to apply everything they trained us on. Then I spent a couple days in Pierre with the Sisters there working in their area, meanwhile my companion was working in our area.

Eventually, we made it to Sunday and we both were able to speak in the Rosebud Branch on Becoming More Christlike. Next Sunday we are speaking in the Winner Branch again about "How Our Missions Have Changed Us." I'm so excited to be speaking so much--I love giving talks.

We had a really neat visit with a woman from the Rosebud Branch named Belinda. I love her so much. She grew up on a Navajo Reservation in Arizona and then married a Sioux while going to college at BYU, so then they moved back to his Reservation here. She was telling us a bunch about Native American Culture and the entire time she was telling us these things, it all related to the Book of Mormon. Serving on the Reservation has strengthened my testimony so much of the Book of Mormon.  I know it was written by the ancestors of the Native Americans.  I'm truly grateful to be serving here.

I know the Book of Mormon is true. It contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have gotten closer to my Savior by reading and applying it to my life and I have found the answers to the questions I'm seeking in its pages.  I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Williams

            Cool street art on the Reservation
 This is Patty Busch. She is in the church Branch and has lived on the Reservation for 40 years. She is the sweetest woman you could ever meet!
 The Barker Family! I love these people--They are so sweet!
 While in Pierre, I was with Sister Clark and we drew  the Plan of Salvation in chalk!  Bucket list item!
 This is the Pierre Zone at our Zone training meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment