Monday, November 16, 2015

By Small and Simple Means Are Great Things Brought to Pass

Dear Family & Friends,

This week was great! I got settled into Crookston and we have been working hard. We have spent a majority of the week contacting people. One of my favorite parts of missionary work is being able to have meaningful conversations with people--To be able to know what matters most to them, what their concerns are for themselves and their families, and helping them to see how the gospel holds the answers to everything they are seeking after.

We had a great lesson with a couple of investigators this week named Jo & Heather. We wanted to help them see how the Book of Mormon answers the questions of their soul. They wanted to know why God would allow so much suffering and pain to occur in our lives and what their purpose in life is. We invited them to read 2 Nephi 2 and to pray with that question in mind before and after they read. We came back a couple days later and they had a change of heart. As they read from the Book of Mormon they found the answer to their question and had the desire to learn more and to come to church.

I know the Book of Mormon is true and if we read it with real intent and a desire to know if it is true the Holy Ghost will reveal the truth of it unto us. I love being able to turn to my Father in Heaven in prayer with my questions and concerns and then to open the Book of Mormon and hear his voice through its pages with all the love of a tender parent as he helps me along with gaining the truth I need line upon line precept upon precept. I'm eternally grateful to live in a time where the truth and fulness of the gospel has been restored to the earth. It is a testament and evidence of God's love for us, his children.

I love you all so much and hope you have an excellent week! Turkey Day is around the corner.  What are some things you are all grateful for? Email me your responses!

Love,
Sister Williams


The Book of Mormon-- If you want a copy let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment