Monday, November 9, 2015

Gordon Stanley Lunt

Dear Family & Friends,

This week I received a phone call from my Mission President's Wife telling me that my Uncle Gordon had passed away. I knew he wasn't doing very well and when I received the call I was happy to know that he had been released from the pain he was experiencing and from the limitations he had in this life. 

I had the most wonderful opportunity to go to the temple after I found out about Gordon passing away. I went seeking comfort and to know he was happy. I felt an overwhelming sense of peace and warmth run through my body during the entire temple session. As I sat in the Celestial room I knew he was there and he was so full of joy! I know he is doing missionary work there in the spirit world. I know he is able to do so much more now and I'm excited for the day when we will have a joyful reunion. I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to strengthen my understanding of the Plan of Salvation through this whole experience.

I wanted to share some of my favorite memories about Gordon. With Christmas just around the corner (yes I know Thanksgiving hasn't happened yet) Gordon would always have a Santa hat on for most of the month of December and sing "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" all the time. He was a hard worker and I will never pass a Burger King without thinking of him. (He worked there for over 30 years) He taught me a lot about my divine identity as a daughter of God. He always made sure I knew how I should be treated by others, especially men, and I knew if I ever had a  problem he would be there. He had the biggest heart of anyone I know! He loves hugs and I will miss his whiskery kisses on my cheek. He always said "Take it easy" instead of goodbye. He was one of the greatest missionaries I know. He wouldn't let one person go by without engaging them in a conversation which would usually result in him telling them he was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

I love him so much and I will miss him, but I know he is so much happier now and I know he will be watching over me. I love you all so much.

Take it Easy,
Sister Williams

Uncle Gordon and me before I left for the mission field! I love this guy to the moon and back again!
   We are so cute! Gordon and I hamming it up!
 My new companion, Sister Anderson. We came out together and she is from Temecula CA!
  Sister Bowser and I. She is doing her #FIERCE pose! We are in a trio now. 
 Three bedin' it! Mine is in the middle. The apartment is great and it has all the alarms and window locks and all that jazz =D
 Sister Richins and me (Mother and Daughter) after we went to the temple!
 Taking over the Mission Home! We got to stay there for a couple days and had the house all to ourselves so we had breakfast for dinner!
 My photo wall!  All my favorite people and places in all the world!
 Elder Renlund meeting me in my mission when he came to visit in September, just 3 weeks before he was sustained to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  What a wonderful man he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment