Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My Joy is Full

Dear Friends and Family,

Well get ready for the latest addition of the traveling adventures of Sister Williams! We made it to Philip,SD on Thursday and settled into our apartment. Philip is cute. It is a small town of 800 or so people and everyone waves to you-- it is quite pleasant. We are part of the Rapid Valley Ward so we traveled there for church yesterday and started to meet the ward members who were surprised & excited to see us...they didn't know their ward was getting Sisters! We found out our area boundary and we will be covering Philip, Kadoka, and Wall. It is going to be exciting to find the people the Lord has prepared to receive the gospel at this time!

We went to Rosebud and Winner on Tuesday and Wednesday to do a goodbye tour of the areas. I am going to miss these people so much. Our time together was short, but I feel so blessed and grateful to have had the time to get to know the people in these areas that I did. I took a bunch of pictures with everyone so I will post those with comments.

My ponderizing scripture this week is Doctrine & Covenants 42:61

If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things—that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal.

I love the promise given in this scripture that as we ask we WILL receive revelation and the knowledge we are seeking after. As I've been on my mission I have truly learned how to receive personal revelation. It has been one of the greatest personal blessings I've received from serving the Lord. My relationship with the Holy Ghost has grown immensely as I've been able to recognize him teaching me and giving me promptings to follow. Through this I've also grown so much closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father. I better understand the Atonement and through it have realized my Divine Potential and the Potential of those who surround me.

Our Heavenly Father wants to give us everything he wants us to obtain eternal life and his gospel is the plan he has given us to accomplish this goal. I'm so grateful for my family and the influence they have had in helping me along this path. There have been many times as I've been in the mission field where I will reflect back to a time and have been able to recognize how the Lord placed specific people in my life at crucial times to help me continue on the path I've embarked on and oh how grateful I am to know his arm is always extended to me and His tender mercies abound on my life. I love you all so much; my hope is that each one of you will be able to taste of the sweet joy which comes from living the gospel.  The joy which comes from living the Fathers plan now is a foretaste of  the eternal joy we will have as we dwell in His presence forever.

Love,
Sister Williams

      Last Day in Valentine, Nebraska!
 This one is for Dad--he sent me the BOMB card so I did this.
 This is Wyatt, Tory, and Piper-- I love this Family SOO much. It hurt parting ways they are such great people!
 This is the Barreto family! They are the best family I love them! Shout out to Jill Barreto and Sissy's CafĂ© in Gregory, SD.  Everyone should make the trip to Sissy's--they have the BEST food ever! Especially PIE =D
 It is Autumn and it is still surprisingly warm! It is going to be a good winter this year!
A gorgeous lake we found in Burke.

No comments:

Post a Comment