Wednesday, October 29, 2014

When You're On God's Team, It's Always A Win!


Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a great and difficult week. I'll start with the difficult part of the week. We had to stop meeting with two of our investigators this week which broke my heart. I've grown so close to them and it was really hard to accept. I was reading in the Book of Mormon today and stumbled upon a scripture which describes how I feel about the work I am doing:

Mosiah 28:3


   "Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble."

I love the people I teach. I love the people of this area. I love all of God's children and the thought of not being able to be with them all for eternity causes me great sorrow. HOWEVER, I know our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and it just isn't their time yet. Now for the GREAT part of the week. We have been meeting with a young adult, Kate, for the past few weeks and she is making such great progress. I love meeting with her! She comes prepared to lessons with questions and concerns and is so honest about her thoughts and feelings. It is a true pleasure to teach her.

I have felt the love of my Heavenly Father so abundantly this week and I know He is just anxiously waiting for us to come to Him and ask for what we need. I also know asking for help can sometimes be the hardest part of finding peace and comfort, but as we humble ourselves and accept the fact that we can't do it on our own we are able to be strengthened by the love of our Heavenly Father. I know we can do anything with His divine help. I love you all.
Love,
Sister Williams

 This is a statue on the street we live on. I pass it everyday! It is pretty fun. It is painted like starry night and if you look closely it is Van Gogh; the head is wrapped in cloth because its ear is "chopped off".


No comments:

Post a Comment