Monday, February 23, 2015

"Ask and ye shall receive, Knock and it shall be opened unto you"



Dear Family and Friends,
This has been an exciting week full of changes! I got transferred to Minot, North Dakota the most northern part of the mission and I can sure feel it, burr. I love it here! My new companion's name is Sister Woolsey and I love her. I actually met her when I first came out to the mission field on the transfer train, so she is a familiar face. She is from Beaver, Utah and loves the outdoors.
We have already seen a bunch of success in this short time that we have been together. We were looking for people to teach in our Former Investigators section of our area book when we stumbled upon Gilbert. We gave him a call and he was very willing to meet with us. We had our first lesson with him on Saturday. He has a tragic and dark past but desires so much to bring the light of Christ back into his life. He has a very sweet soul and I'm so happy we found him. I know we were directed by the Lord to seek out his son who is so prepared to make covenants with Him. We invited Gilbert to be baptized and even before I could finish the invitation he accepted. I felt prompted to extend a baptism date to him as well which he accepted so he will be working towards March 28, 2015 to be baptized.
It was such a miracle that we were led to Gilbert. I know this is the Lord's work and He is directing it. I'm so grateful be a part of this work.  To be able to have this short time where my sole purpose is to help the Lord further His work is precious to me. I know this gospel is true. I know Christ lives and I have such a strong testimony of the power of the Atonement. I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment