Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Spirit of Elijah

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a great week full of personal revelation. I'm grateful for the knowledge that God answers our prayers and I've gained a stronger testimony of the power of fasting. What a great opportunity we have to fast and allow ourselves to be more sensitive to the spirit. I had a neat experience during my personal studies on Sunday when I was fasting. I was thinking about how much to donate with my fast offering. As I studied I was led to D&C 58:35--
   "It is wisdom in me that my servant Martin Harris should be an example unto the church, in laying his moneys before the bishop of the church."

 Well, I am related to Martin Harris. He is my third great uncle and I was doing family history on his line earlier in the week when I found many names to take to the temple. The fact that I received an answer to my question through the example of my ancestor, recorded in the scriptures, was truly faith affirming that we cannot be saved without our dead, in many ways.
In the zone conference we had this week one of the trainings we received was on family history work. We had the opportunity to do some family history this week and there is a new feature on familysearch.org called decendancy where you are able to find your cousins. In just one hour I found 24 of my cousins who need 38 ordinances to be completed in the temple. It was amazing to experience the spirit of Elijah and to help my ancestors have the opportunity to be eternal families. In Malachi 4:5-6 it says,

 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

I know Elijah appeared to Joseph Smith and gave him the priesthood keys necessary to do temple work not just for the living, but for the dead as well. I've experienced the turning of my heart to my fathers and the heart of my fathers to me. I know our families can be eternal and I'm grateful for this precious knowledge and the time I have to share it with others full time. I love you all!

Love,
Sister Williams


       All my ancestors on their way to the Oakland temple! 
  Sister Anderson (Presidents Wife) and me at Zone Conference.
 Reunited AGAIN with Sister Park! We are still so in sync! Our outfits matched.
           Thank you Mom and Dad! I love my super duper warm coat!!
        French Manicures and Cupcakes on Preparation Day!
                           I love the sunsets!
         Sister Power at Zone Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment