Monday, March 16, 2015

Feast Upon the Words of Christ

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a fantastic week full of new investigators and lots of lessons. The Lord has been leading us to those who are ready to hear His gospel and it has been an honor to be as tired as we are. We have really been trying to talk with everyone and it is paying off ten fold.  It is how we met Lamont on the way to a dinner appointment.
We had just gotten out of the car and I saw a guy walking across the street. I called out to him and told him who we were and if we could visit with him sometime and he said, "Yeah, I'll be back in ten minutes. I live right there in the green house." We were able to call a member quickly and we had a lesson with him. Come to find out he has a friend who is a member that has been trying to bring him to church for the past 6 months. We were able to meet with Lamont again a second time and he accepted to be baptized on April 18th.

As well as finding and teaching a bunch I've also been receiving a lot of personal revelation as I've read from the Book of Mormon. I love feasting upon the words of Christ every morning. It truly fills my soul with peace, happiness, and joy. I also have to give thanks to my sophomore English teacher Mr. Reichert who taught me how to properly feast upon words. The lessons I learned from his class have always stuck with me and are a big part of how I get so much out of my reading. I will always be grateful for the tools I have in my arsenal because of his teaching.

I know the Book of Mormon is true with everything I am. It is delicious to me and I look forward to every time I am able to feed my spirit through its words. I read a verse the other day that really stood out to me and showed me how much our Heavenly Father loves us and is helping us at every turn along this journey back to him.

Mosiah 1:17, "Therefore, as they were unfaithful they did not prosper nor progress in their journey, but were driven back, and incurred the displeasure of God upon them; and therefore they were smitten with famine and sore afflictions, to stir them up in remembrance of their duty."

When we aren't moving forward we move backwards but our Heavenly Father will be there to give us a push in the right direction again and again and again because He loves us.
I love you all and I hope you have a great week. Take advantage of the incredible blessing we have been given in the Book of Mormon I know as you read it you will understand your relationship with God more than by anything else. I love you.

Love,
Sister Williams

         He really wanted to read the Book of Mormon!
 I did some family history this week and I have Viking blood in me!
 Norwegian Church. We went to the Norwegian museum last P-day.
 Knock Knock Anna, Elsa are you home? I'm Frozen!
                     These are Turkeys in the tree!
                    Cool house we found while tracting.
 We are related to the founder of Ceder City! He is my Great Great Great Grandpa.
                   This is him, Henry Lunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment