Tuesday, March 24, 2015

There is Power in Knowing Your Divine Worth

Dear Family and Friends,

First of all, I love you all so very much. This has been an awesome week! I was able to give a training in District Meeting about receiving revelation through the Book of Mormon. I really enjoyed preparing the training and giving it. I have gained such a love for the Book of Mormon.  The time I get to freely read it in the morning is so precious to me and I learn something to apply to my life every single time I read it.

We went to a tea party the Relief Society put on and they shared a picture book with us called You are Special and I really liked the story. It talks about a wooden puppet named Penichello and how there are these people running around sticking grey dots and gold stars on all these puppets.  The gold stars are for the special ones and the grey dots are for the average or run of the mill. One day he sees a puppet named Lucia and she is just glowing and radiating and none of the stars or grey dots stick to her. She told Penichello she goes and talks with the Woodcarver and he helps her understand her worth. I loved this story and I really identify with Lucia. When we care the most about what our Heavenly Father thinks of us and rely on him to help us understand our worth and divine identity, the things of the world don't affect us.

We are finding so many people to teach it is crazy! My planner is full with appointments everyday this week. I'll let you know how they all go next week. I love being here in Minot. There is a lot of hard work to do and I love feeling exhausted at the end of everyday. It is so fulfilling! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Williams

                            Skirt on Fire!  Watch it burn.
                       It's a dead skirt!
 My companion Sister Woolsey burned a skirt for her 1 year mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment