Monday, January 11, 2016

Bear One Another's Burdens

Dear Family & Friends,

This has been one of my tougher transfers so far on my mission. It has been a great learning experience for me and I've been able to do a lot of self reflection. I had a great experience helping my companion bear her burdens  and I got to thinking about this scripture in Mosiah 18:

 8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

 9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—

I love how our Heavenly Father has made it possible that as we bear others burdens not only do they become lighter but in the process we find help in the burdens we are bearing and it is an eternal round of help and love. I've come to understand the workings of God more clearly and I know he is always aware of me. What a beautiful blessing it is to understand we are children of a loving Heavenly Father who has a perfect plan in which we can return to live forever with our Father in our Heavenly Home. 

Our Prophet Thomas S. Monson states it beautifully "There are those who struggle every day with challenges. Let us extend to them our concern, as well as a helping hand. As we care for each other, we will be blessed."

I love you all so much have a great week!

Love,
Sister Williams


              Winter Siberian Sunset 

 This is Juanita.  She is a less active we are working with. She quit drinking coffee this week and is excited to come to church. I love her she is so spunky. I don't usually wear makeup and when I met her for the first time she asked how old I was. I told her 20 and she was surprised and said I thought you were 14!! Good to know my moisturizer is working. 

 This is Sister Joanne. She is a Catholic Nun and we go to her Bible study. She just finished reading the Book of Mormon and loves it. We have great conversations with her and she is a great example to me of love and a disciple of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment