Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Hand of the Lord is Over All

Dear Family and Friends,

This was a great week full of tender mercies and changes! I went on an amazing exchange to Grand Forks! The Sisters there have a potential investigator to try named Aaron. He lived in a locked apartment building and we couldn't remember which apartment was his. Luckily a nice resident just happened to be coming down the stairs and let us in. Once there, Sister Hailes remembered which apartment was his.

We had the most amazing lesson with him that was completely directed by the spirit. I've never met someone who is so sensitive and in tune with the spirit as Aaron is. The Lord had truly prepared him to receive the fulness of his gospel. When we invited him to be baptized a giant grin spread across his face and he gladly and excitedly accepted. I loved being able to witness so many miracles and tender mercies of the Lord in the matter of an hour. He is so aware of all of His children and wants each of us back. 

We had an opportunity to travel to Bismarck this week and while there we had some extra time on our hands, so we decided to go visit some of the people I taught. We stopped in to see Renee Odenbough, she received her endowment in the temple a week after I left Bismarck. She was sitting right out in the front lobby. I asked her if she remembered who I was and she said," Of course, your Sister Williams!" She told us she was headed to the temple that evening.

Earlier in the day our mission president told us we would have to stay another night because the weather was so bad and that we should go to the temple while in town. It was amazing to see the hand of the Lord in all of this! We indeed went to the temple and I was able to sit with Renee and help her through the endowment session. During it she leaned over to me and said,"Thank you for helping me." It warmed my heart to see how much she had grown and to see the peace and happiness she had in the temple. It was a glimpse into eternity to be there with her.

We received an exciting phone call on Saturday morning informing us that we were both being TRANSFERRED! I will be serving the remaining 6 weeks of my mission in Chadron, Nebraska! I'm very excited to see what the Lord has in store for me there. I'm excited to be lead by the spirit to find those of his children he has prepared. I love this gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I finished reading it from cover to cover this morning and took the promise given in Moroni 10:3-5

 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

As I prayed I had a confirmation that the things I had read, learned, and applied in my life were true. Not only that, but I felt strengthened and empowered. I know there is no greater protection we can obtain in this world than the truth the spirit reveals. I'm grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost and having him as my constant companion is one of the true joys of my life. I love you all so much! 

Love,
Sister Williams

I love to see the temple, I went inside Thursday! (sing to the tune of I love to see the temple)



 Ruby and me. She is a member who lives in Crookston! We are helping out at her French Birthday party today!
I love her =D

This is Aaron! He is amazing and knows how to follow the Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment