Sunday, January 3, 2016

Wonderful To Me

Dear Family & Friends,

This week we have the amazing opportunity to stand in remembrance of the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He has been testified of since the beginning of this earth by his servants the prophets. Isaiah prophesied of the birth of Christ.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given...and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Then we have the angels coming to earth shortly before the birth of our Savior in Luke 2:

 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

What joy fills my soul to know that on that day so many years ago my Savior was born. He came to this earth because he loves me and you. He came to provide us with a way to have eternal families, forgiveness, progress, comfort, and a supreme example for which we can model our lives after. 
I know that just as real as was his birth and death; his resurrection is real. Just as the world was being prepared for his first coming, in which he would provide us with the ultimate escape plan, the Atonement; the world is now being prepared for his return. But he will not be coming in swadling clothes but in the glory of his Father. He is coming to finish his work and he has asked us to be prepared for that time by living his gospel, using his Atonement, and modeling our lives after the example he gave us.  

I'm grateful for the opportunity to work side by side with the Savior in his work. I love him. I'm eternally grateful for his Atonement and I will ever exclaim these words:

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

I love you all so much and invite you to heed and harken unto the Savior's invitation to " Come, Follow me."

Love,
Sister Williams

             Christmas tree #1

 Stockings and I'm putting together a Christmas puzzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment